Green or Pink? Let's talk Micellar water

6.4.15
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water


About a month ago now when I was roaming the aisles of Boots, as I do, I spotted Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water for combo skin, I was only aware of the Pink bottle or original Micellar Water for sensitive skin so when I spotted the green bottle I was immediately intrigued as I LOVE the original version.

 I love Micellar Water; I'm regularly in between myself and Luke's house and when you don't have time to cleanse your makeup off these are MAJOR time saviours and are still beneficial to skin. If you have your cotton pads with you you're done in a few swipes. 

So after trying both is there really a difference? As I said purchasing them over a month ago now they have now been thoroughly trialled and tested. I originally only really picked this up as I had ran out of the pink version but then out of intrigue I wanted to see if there were any difference between the two. 

Both bottles state on them that they are for sensitive skin, the only difference being that the green bottle also claims to cater for combination skin too. Having combination skin I thought this one might be better for myself. I have to say that I can't notice any difference at all. They're both unscented and do exactly the same job and after researching the ingredients online it appears they're pretty similar so I have to say I wouldn't go out of my way now to purchase the green version over the pink. I can't help but think this may have just been a clever marketing ploy...

Overall I do love Micellar Water as you will have seen on previous reviews or videos and I think I will always stock one of these in my skincare drawer and scientifically there may be a difference between the Garnier original and the new green cleansing water, I personally however wouldn't rush to try the new combo one if you already have some of the pink left. 

I would love to know if you have tried the new Micellar Water and your thoughts on it? Did you notice any difference? Let me know in the comments...


13 comments

  1. I've been dying to try this product out, it seems as though everyone has been giving them unanimous praise! Guess I'll only be picking up the one version though, considering they seem to do the same thing!

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth picking up Tessa! x

      Delete
  2. I just bought the green one and I haven't tried it yet. But I guess it's just going to be the same! And I'm okay with that.

    Emma & The Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its still fab anyway, enjoy! :)

      Delete
  3. Initially I used to use the L'Oreal Micellar Water but I heard so much about the Garnier one that I've been firmly converted. I use the pink lid bottle and absolutely LOVE it :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I used to be a L'Oreal Micellar Water fan too until I found this! x

      Delete
  4. I recently saw the green bottle version, but I love the pink one so much I didn't want to risk it x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never noticed the green one before either! Seems pretty pointless too. I love the pink one, so affordable and makes removing make-up quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the original pink micellar water, I think I will just stick to the original one as there does not seem to be much of a difference.

    GreyWalls 

    ReplyDelete
  7. My absolute favourite make up remover ever! I've only ever used the pink one but can't complain

    Charlotte / styleaked

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the green one initially and found it brilliant as a cleanser for my skin. When I ran out the pink one was on sale so I purchased that one figuring they'd be the same. My skin broke out so badly. I had dry patches under my eyes and spots on my nose and forehead which I don't usually get. There is definitely a difference. I have since stopped using the pink. Green is definitely my colour of choice xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the green one initially and found it brilliant as a cleanser for my skin. When I ran out the pink one was on sale so I purchased that one figuring they'd be the same. My skin broke out so badly. I had dry patches under my eyes and spots on my nose and forehead which I don't usually get. There is definitely a difference. I have since stopped using the pink. Green is definitely my colour of choice xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have acne prone skin....Any recommendation???

    ReplyDelete